DCC-10 Energy Management System by Thermolec
The DCC-10 is an energy management system manufactured by Thermolec and offered by America’s Best Air Conditioning, Heating & Electrical LLC. The DCC-10 allows an EV charger to connect to an electrical panel already at full capacity, eliminating the need for a costly service upgrade. The DCC-10 protects the electrical distribution circuit and the main breaker by preventing overloading. Overall, the DCC-10 increases the safety of EV charger use while solving the problem of overloaded electrical panel capacity.
The DCC-10 can be mounted by trained professionals at America’s Best Air Conditioning, Heating & Electrical LLC on a wall or ceiling less than 6 feet away from the electrical panel as long as the nameplate remains visible. The DCC-10 shouldn’t be exposed to chemical products and vapors or explosives and fuels. This energy management system is intended for use in condos’ electrical rooms and homes’ electrical panels.
How Does the DCC-10 Operate?
The DCC-10 energy management system provided by America’s Best Air Conditioning, Heating & Electrical LLC monitors total power consumption in real time, re-energizing the EV charger when power consumption decreases below 80% of the main circuit breaker’s capacity and de-energizing the EV charger when power consumption exceeds 80%.
What Does the DCC-10 Offer?
- Doesn’t influence the load calculation of your electrical panel
- Involves the automatic billing of electricity usage by the utility in condos
- Can be mounted to a wall or ceiling by experienced technicians at America’s Best Air Conditioning, Heating & Electrical LLC
- Requires one available double pole breaker slot on your electrical panel
- Includes a charge controller, an EV charger breaker (Max 60A), and split core current transformers (CT)